-->

Tuesday 23 September 2014

Splattered Entrails - Undercooked Intrauterine Delicacies


Boy, am I happy this saw the light of day! Initially I mistook this release as a new Splattered Entrails album. I was thinking - "shit, they've gone back to the gory stuff!?", but alas it was not to be. Instead though, Undercooked Intrauterine Delicacies turned out to be a compilation album of impossible to find splits that the band did back in the Myspace days. It includes a three-way split/comp on FDA Rekotz and their splits with Chainsaw Dismemberment and Disgorgement Of Intestinal Lymphatic Suppuration (yes!), which were both put out by the now sadly defunct DIY goregrind label, Mental Abuse.

So, what I am so happy about here is that I get to hear a whole bunch of gore-drenched, slamming br00000tality, which for me, is much more entertaining than the band's later, more polished and more sci-fi orientated output. Splattered Entrails is truly a lesson in "bedroom music done right", as this entire compilation, despite spanning three sessions, boasts a stable and chunky production (give or take the odd farting low end on the chug), and a punishing display of drum programming, guitar slammery and vocal putrefaction. Yum yum. 

Granted, there is the odd stinker or two, and now and then I feel that the "ree ree reeeee" vocal style is used a little too much for my liking, but on the whole this is a solid selection of tracks from a legendary brutal death metal project. Out on Sevared Records

Prepare your diddlyhole! 

No comments:

Post a Comment